Sunday, January 6, 2008

The World, One Port At A Time


I can't believe it but in less than seven days my husband Matt and I will be leaving for our honeymoon on a 105-day world cruise. I'm veklempt. Our Manhattan apartment has been vacated, our jobs have been quit (oh to be a lady of leisure!) and here we are with clothing scattered across the floor wondering how we'll ever fit everything into our suitcases. For starters I've already packed my top 3 travel essentials: 1. my new Nicole Richie-eque sunglasses that protect me from the sun and er, hangovers 2. a gorgeous set of Votivo travel candles in Clean Crisp White (a fab holiday gift from a chic NYC friend) and 3. my iPod full of new mixes. You know, the necessities - a sweet smelling cabin, chic eyewear and music for the voyage. After all, how can you sit on a lounge chair sipping daiquiris sans shades and soundtrack?

We'll be sailing aboard Cunard's newest ship, the Queen Victoria, as she circumnavigates the globe on her maiden world voyage for the next three and a half months - not exactly your everyday getaway and the culmination of over a year of planning on our part. Matt and I will be visiting more than 30 destinations together - with stops as diverse as Hong Kong, Fiji, Costa Rica and New Zealand. I'll be posting notes and photos of the people and places we encounter on our journey as well as travel tips, restaurant, bar and shopping reviews and amenities offered onboard the Queen Victoria. Come along with us as we snorkle the Great Barrier Reef, eat street food in Malaysia, ride rickshaws in Singapore and experience the thrill of walking through some of the oldest and holiest temples in India.

1 comment:

ms. coots said...

WHO THE F*@* PACKS CANDLES WHILE TRAVELING AROUND THE WORLD? You are quite a romantic.